Welcome to Potsdam!
We are thrilled that you are joining our community and looking forward to meeting you and your student through the enrollment process. Please see enrollment requirements below and complete the online form.
Requirements to enroll a new K-12 student:
Complete the online registration form for each child being enrolled in the school district.
The following information will need to be uploaded for each child in this step:
- Child's proof of age (ie. birth certificate);
- Two (2) proofs of current residency for the parent/guardian;
- Parent/guardian state-issued photo ID, passport, or government photo identification;
- Child's immunization record;
- Child's current physical examination;
- Court orders/documentation (ex. custodial paperwork, etc. if it applies);
- Without a court order stating otherwise, both parents listed on a student's birth certificate will have equal access to the student and their records.
Proof of Residency
For a child to attend Potsdam Central School District, the child and their legal guardian must reside within the district boundaries. Proof of residency is required to enroll a new student. Examples of this include:
- Automobile registration
- Copy of utility bills
- Tax statements
- Check stubs from wages, public assistance, or social security.
- Current rental/lease agreement (does not include rented portions of a house or apartment, or agreements formulated with relatives) with the following:
- Guardian and student names
- Manager or owner's name and telephone number
- Written verification of current status
- Current property tax bill
- Current homeowner's or renter's insurance bill
- Current state or federal tax return
- Current correspondence from an official government agency, including:
- IRS/Social Security/Child Support/Foster Care
- Voter Registration/Polling Information
- Jury Summons/Subpoena
- Any current document from a federal, state or county agency.